That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Thursday, August 04, 2005

No Boundaries

I just feel the need to express myself.

Ahh...that's better. So I was thinking about the idea of "No boundaries". Sounds wild and adventurous but it is really just the label on my pajamas that I got from Wal Mart.

Where in life is it good to have no boundaries? In art? In spiritual expression? In creative ideas? In music? In sex? In diet? What appetite benefits from living full on without any boundaries?

Most appetites are destructive if given their full whim. Take emotions for example. If you wanted to fully express your rage, you would probably do some damage to something or someone. Was it worth it? Sadness expressed and allowed to run free is destructive at least to the person that unleashes it all. I supposed happiness and contentment are okay.

Anyway, I was thinking about how cool "no boundaries" probably sounds to teenagers who have lived with boundaries their whole life. New won freedom sometimes is used the wrong way and just leads to enslavement of a different kind. Vices of the normal sex, drugs and rock and roll (okay, well I don't believe you can O.D. on rock and roll) can end up ruling a life. Even the need to be cool and keep an image can self destruct when a person has no boundaries in their life.

Have fun with that thought. Thanks for letting me express myself!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home