That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Monday, June 13, 2005

What's Next?

I don't know if I have anything to say. I thought I did, but I have a headache and now I am looking at this big blank BOX and I don't know what I was going to say.

J finally (FINALLY) quit his job. I have been telling him for years to do it. They treat him like dirt and he's a really good worker. We live in a small town, he has a great reputation and I am sure someone will snatch him up in a heartbeat.

However, this sense of things not being in their place makes me feel discontent. The job, the house in the neighborhood I don't like, lots of contributing factors make me wonder where all of this is headed. I feel restless. I need to just stay the course and ride things out but I suddenly have a wild hair. I am frustrated because I know in life I have a lot more potential than what I am currently doing. I don't want to sit around waiting for life to happen and have it all pass me by. I want to really use everything I have to do something more than I am doing now. I know a lot more talent and resources have been placed in me than what is being used. I feel an itching to break free and go for the gusto and start doing something different, something that counts in the grand scheme of things.

Now, I know. People are going to say that I can be effective and make a difference right where I am at. You are right. I am not denying that or taking it for granted. I feel like I am at critical mass and ready to move into the next atmosphere or something. I feel like a soda can that has been shaken up and is ready to be opened. I am being bubbly right where I am at, but if someone would just pop the top, I would be much more than I am right now.

A sticky mess, I guess is what I am aspiring to be!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

9:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home