That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Changes

The first two days of being back I mostly slept. Isn't that the greatest blog story ever? I am sure if nothing else, it is the most exciting, riveting read you have had in a while.

I miss my friends and their families. They have a lot going on and I only get glimpses of it every couple of years. I really should move to Colorado!

In other news, I am back into my routine. I am a routine kind of person. I get up, let the dogs out to go to the bathroom, make my coffee, let the dogs in to feed them, read and have some quiet time, let the dogs inside, clean the house a little, blog and then get ready. I like having a routine. I am a routine kind of person.

However, I don't like my routine to be set in stone. I hate too much predictability. I could never have a job where I had to sit for the day and do the same tasks over and over again.

I can be married to the same person. I can live in the same house. I can keep the same dogs. I go to the same grocery store.

I cannot keep the same wardrobe. I have to change the towels and other decorations. I have to park somewhere different every once in a while. I have to buy different trash bags. Every six weeks, I try to get a different hair do.