That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Blow Off

I have been robbed! I feel cheated. It's all my sister's fault. Well, we always blame everything on Nathan, so we'll say it's Nathan's fault.

She has been bugging me for weeks to go on an early morning hike with her in Sedona. I have been busy. Last night I got a call that freed me for half the weekend so over the martinis, I asked her if she wanted to get up early today to go on the hike.

She said no.

And why can't she? She can't go hiking today because she has to clean a bathroom! (In whiny voice: "But it's top to bottom.")

I feel like I just got the blow off, "I can't go on a date tonight because I'll be washing my hair."

You know the real reason? In my absence over the last few weeks she has found a new hiking buddy AND Josh called her to go hiking on Monday. So she knows she's gonna get her hiking quota filled this weekend. I swear, life with Annalisa: Enter man, Exit Annalisa.

I guess I need to find a new hiking buddy. It shouldn't be too hard being that I live in the nature capital of the world. Plus, making new friends is always good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home