That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Monday, July 18, 2005

Created Out of Nothing

Okay, so the title itself is somewhat objectional- bear with me.

I was bored. Really, really bored. It was 7 o'clock and I had already eaten dinner at the Elephant Bar where Night of the Living Retirement Home was in full swing. I drank some very good appletinis, but that didn't lift the boredom. The mother ship's honing beacon was turned on the way back to my hotel because I managed to find the street of shopping complete with Ann Taylor and Banana Republic.

Anyway....got back to my room. Checked some blogs. Watched some friends.

BORED BORED BORED BORED

So I went back to the hotel where the convention is being held and met some people. First was Vera (or something like that) who lives in Oakland. She was nice. Saw Bob, the middle aged balding man. Hung out with Bob. He is also safely married. Met some people from Virginia. They left. Guy sat down with me, Bob and Vera. He was laid back and cool. His roomate joined him very much stoned. Vera and I left to another area in the hotel which was supposed to be like a night club. I felt very weird. Text messaged Jeremy. He called. The bass was so loud I didn't hear my phone. Saw he called so I left with promises of being right back. Talked to Jeremy for a while in the 110 degree temprature at 8 at night.

Saw Bob again. Sat at a table with a bunch of middle aged women. Got bored very quickly and had to leave after one woman started going off on how her husband was going to leave her...blah, blah, blah and her teenage daughter joined in. I have to work with teens who are all screwed up because of moms like this so I had to leave.

Saw laid back guy and roomie again. Sat and listened to the guitar player and monopolized the couch. Finally left. Back in my room, completely not tired and thinking I have to get up kinda early. Stink! I hate travelling. I miss Jeremy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home