That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Monday, November 21, 2005

TKO?

I was mad at my husband. I posted something up here on Saturday morning but took it down Saturday night. I could take it down because it turned out I was right so I didn't need confirmation out here in blogland. But boy oh boy did you miss a juicy blog!

The thing is that J and I think alike so we rarely get mad at each other because we just understand one another so well. We know each other's motives, ideas and driving causes. Friday night I got mad at him but I could see his point so I tried to stuff it.

I had an anger problem quite some time ago. I would never, ever think something through if I thought an injustice had been done to me. When Jeremy and I were first dating, I had already passed this issue of mine in life. I did not know how to process problems anymore because I wouldn't just blow up and dismember everything around me. So he was very, very patient with me. He was actually the one in our relationship who was good at communication and helped me along. If I were at a School of Communication back when we were dating, I would have had to ride the short bus and wear a helmet at all times. We have some funny stories from those days.

And to this day, I still have a hard time processing my feelings, particularly when they are unpleasant and doubly so where J is concerned. So Friday night we had a discussion about what ultimately pissed me off. I was trying to gather all the facts before I made a decision about if I was really mad or not. But his answers were half-truths and I knew it. Saturday night I asked him if he told the whole truth or part of it. He came around to saying he had admitted only part of the truth. So he got a tongue lashing again, but nothing severe. I just told him he was a lousy liar, especially with me because I know him way to well, I am logical and when things don't make sense, my bullshit meter goes off. Plus, women have that weapon that is the undoing of all mankind- woman's intuition.

I still didn't go off on him. I still wasn't sure where I stood on the situation. I understood too well why he did what he did. But it was one statement that stuck out that rubbed me the wrong way. I woke up Sunday pissed off. When I get mad at someone, I can't really look at them. Luckily, he was out of the door before I got out of bed. When we got home, I told him I hoped this was the last conversation we had about the whole situation but I had to say something. So I said what I needed to say. No yelling. No fanfare. No tears. No throwing stuff. When I was done stating my case very briefly, that was it. He apologized. We were done. I was over the whole thing about 2 mintues later.

And that is how we fight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amber Lynn, I just dropped in on my way back to my New Age Spiritual site. I liked what I
found and thought that I would leave you a note for your efforts in creating TKO?.

11:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amber Lynn, I just dropped in on my way back to my Christian site. I liked what I
found and thought that I would leave you a note for your efforts in creating TKO?. It
is amazing what you find looking through these blogs, and the links from them. Have
you ever done that?

6:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

10:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home