That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Pillow Fight!

I did it again. I declined going out on Friday night. I got a call from Ellie- all the girls were getting together for a girl's night out. You know- the famed events where men think of women getting trashed and making out with each other after a long pillow fight.

Really, it is usually women talking about one of two things:
1. Why good single men are impossible to find.
2. Why good single men are impossible to find.

If there are enough married women there, we talk about anything but men for the most part.

Saturday night I did go out. I went out with a bunch of teenagers. I wasn't going to because I am old in a teenage world. But they insisted. (No, not so I could buy them beer.) If you have been reading the blog for any amount of time, you might remember the kid that makes me sad because he kicked his meth habit and still couldn't get any respect. Anyway, that kid was in town for a visit. He's been clean! He looks really good. It's a weird thing because as my readers know, I get very attached to these teens. So he's back for a visit and I just want to put him in my back pocket and keep him from harm and heartbreak but I can't. I also can't just wear my heart on my sleeve. So I have to stifle emotion because how akward would that be? Not just with this teen, but with all of them. I don't know if it is unhealthy to get so attached. I'm not sure. I know it makes me fairly decent at working with them. It hasn't been an issue that I have seen to get in the way or warp my point of view in dealing with them.

So it's hard because I wanted to cry and get snot all over him when I had to say goodbye after a great game of bowling with a bunch of the knuckle-heads. But instead, I gave him a hug and told him to come back really, really soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home