That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

#204

This is post number two-hundred and four. Aren't you excited? I can see the tension mounting in your face as you read this, hanging on to my every word. Word. Word. Every word.

The other day I called a friend to give her tickets to this production I am going to be in. I am playing a drunk English woman. People ask me if I do the accent and everything and I say, "Yes, but I am drunk so it doesn't have to be very good." Which is good because I probably sound more like a mix of Irish and Australian than British.

When I called my friend to offer the tickets, she started crying. Her husband had moved out of the house and she was going to move back to Florida. She didn't know how to tell her son. She was in tears.

I called today (with several prayers in between). She's doing okay now. Last night her and her husband talked. They seem to think they have nothing in common. He's having problems with paying the bills and she stays at home and there are stinky wash towels in the sink and cobwebs on the ceiling so I guess he got pissed and couldn't take it anymore and moved out. But I guess he realized that even more than not being able to take stinky towels and cobwebs was not being able to take her not being around.

So they are trying to work it out. I hung out there for a few hours today. There were some tense moments. She was clearly teasing him at times and he was taking it all so seriously. She is going to get a part-time job and go to school to be a dental assistant. He's gonna try to make dinner. I don't know. I think it should work. Something about those two tell me they should be together as difficult as it is. There is no communication skills between them and they are having a hard time finding common ground. When is mutual love not common ground enough?