That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Sunny

I walked into my parents house and I was crying within 30 seconds. There has been an unexpected death in the family. My mom's parrot died.

Don't laugh. The parrot gave me kisses, called my mom "mom", laughed when the rest of us did (and sometimes he seemed to get jokes before the rest of us and laugh first), made a long list of noises and words. He had his own personalities, likes and dislikes and was much more personable than a dog or cat. Parrots are said to have the emotional and mental capabilities of a 3 year old. So the little animal that acted like a three year old died.

Parrots are supposed to live to be like 90 or something. He got a virus and died at 4. I loved him. The only bird ever that I wasn't terrified of. I was still wary of his beak, but the little goober loved me so he was always nice and only nipped me once. I was the only one he would give kisses to.

So I cried because there are no more noises and words and fun quirky things that only Sunny did. He's dead. I don't think I will ever like another bird because I am pretty sure no other bird will like me. I'm too scared of them. The funny thing about Sunny is that he pretty much only like me, my mom and my husband. Oh, and kids. He liked to laugh when kids were romping about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home