That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Blog Awards

I was reading Sex's site where she applauds people who write blogs just to write blogs. So I thought it was interesting to think of the people I read and see how they have changed over the past year or so. It's been fun to get to know people. So I thought I would share some thoughts and spotlight my regular reads.

The first person who pops into my head is That Girl. Over the last year, I think she has changed the most. I see her leaving a lot of the past behind and with Krypto, having something she thought might very well not exist in the universe.

Greg is probably my favorite read. Don't throw tomatoes for not being my favorite read. I just never know what to expect from him. He manages to insult everyone and deny everything but I appreciate people who are just themselves. Because he is so diverse in what he writes: humor, theology (or lack thereof), drunken satire, etc, it is always fun to click on his link and hope he has written something new.

Martinilove is great for a lightheartedness. It's kind of like Sex in the City meets Friends meets Wonder Years.

My first blog love is Jake. His perspective on everyday life of a 20 year old is hillarious! Plus he gets deep and tells lies so you just never know where he might be coming from. The best blogs he does are when he has his attention fixed on the opposite sex. Or when he is fleeing bees.

The funniest man out there is hands down Bugsbutt. If you aren't reading his blog, you are doing yourself a serious injustice. Agree with his opinions or not, you will laugh. YOU WILL LAUGH!!

Dan is the mellow man of my blog read group. He has opinions, especially where music is concerned, but he rarely gets ruffled.

The most sensitive award goes to VegasGustan who tries to figure out his place in a town he doesn't really like, in a job he doesn't care for and in a fairly new marriage. It's good times at his place. He likes to talk about music, poetry and the injustices of life.

Eric gives the best perspective on life from a dad seeing life from the perspective of his kid. He's also funny and original. His funny is usually family jokes funny. His orginality is in a innocence of life because he gets to revisit a lot of things with his son.

Jasmine makes me feel sophisticated just for reading her blog. She is New York in a way you think exists only on the TV. In fact, I think her version of NY would give TV shows that try to glam up NY a run for their money. Oh, and I love her bluntness.

I used to love Luke, but he stopped commenting on my site. So he officially gets the "You suck" award. The only problem is that Luke is too nice of a guy and too well rounded to give the "You suck" award to. We couldn't even give Luke the "I Suck" award because he might blush.

When I think of Pete I think: roughneck construction lovin, big truck driving, testosterony guy who hates fat girls, gay men and doesn't mind cheap beer.

Blue probably is the bluest guy out there. He works on computers and is puzzling out love and life, but in a nice guy way which makes it sad.

DJ Shane writes a good blog. I like that he always ends everything with a question so you have a reason to comment.

And the genesis of this all, over at Sex's site: I like that she is so deep I comment on less than half of her blogs because I have no idea what to say without sounding trite or stupid.

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home