That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Silent Night? Yeah Right.

Just writing today to let off steam and let my brain settle down. It has been a crazy couple of days. Business was supposed to have tapered off long ago. Instead, I am busy as ever, writing multiple contracts a day, meeting with client after client, hopping from meeting to meeting, faxing, answering the incessant ring of my cell phone, balancing deals, keeping 'em together, making 'em happen.

I love it.

It's like Boiler Room or Wall Street. Only I don't use that much gel or swearing. Plus, I get all I want by actually just being good at what I do and not a crook. But I love movies like that. They get me all wound up. I don't think I will ever have a chauffer though. That's just stupid. A maid, a cook and a nanny? Sure thing! Maybe rolled into one. I could name her Consuela or Heidi.

Due to the lack of time in my schedule, it appears my husband and I will have no Christmas tree this year. We have too many nights out due to work parties and other holiday parties along with the usual rounds to have a night after work to pick up a tree and decorate it. I have 18 pretty Christmas cards on my countertop that might not go out until next year.

I bought a hundred Happy New Year's card for 2005. I sent out about 20. I am always way more ambitious to be Martha Stewart-like in my mind than I am in practice. Although I am quite the Christmas present wrapper. I have one sister in law left to shop for. My mom's present is on the way. I ordered a lamp for her. She likes the one that she gave me for my birthday last year. Every time she comes over, she comments that she should have kept if for herself. They don't make that particular lamp anymore, so I ordered the same one but it doesn't have an elephant on it.

And that is my life for now.

How is your holiday season shaping up? Do I dare ask?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

3:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Dixiecuties bbw New shoes from allen iverson new york liposuction Virtual terminal for processing credit cards Cerebral palsy and imitrex Naked picture galleries of nude teens Sennhauser earphones Fax msi Card debit rush Proactiv vanessa willams

6:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home