That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Saturday, April 16, 2005

U2

If you don't want to read about the concert, skip to the end of the post. There are pictures for you!

It's 3 o'clock in the morning. I just got home. My ears are ringing and my feet are killing me.

We had floor tickets. We were about 6' away from Bono. (Pictures to follow.)

And my day was marked by memorable characters.

Let's skip the shopping where I bought halter tops and shoes and go to the drive to the venue. Driving down the freeway with sis in rush hour traffic, and I am entertaining myself. We are listening to U2, of course. I am singing into my water bottle, getting my groove on. Really, I am just going for gusto.

And this guy drives by and waves, slows down and then waves some more. I wave back. I am polite. This is the last we see of this guy. (Just so you're not wondering what happened to waver guy.)

We get to the venue, and have to wait in line. We are behind these two guys that flew in from Guatelejara, Mexico to see the concert. They are funny and quirky and have nice accents. There were lots and lots of females so completely inappropriately dressed, it was pathetic. One girl was sitting on the sidewalk, eating some fast food with her huge rear end hanging out of her pants. I have seen more modesty from every plumber I have ever met. (Two foot of butt crack was all I could see.)

Then there were also the proliferation of 40 something women wearing see through shirts or shirts that weren't long enough to cover their guts that were hanging out. Weird. Oh. And lots of guys in really loud, obnoxious shirts.

The line starts moving and we stake our claim on our spot for the night. My sister strikes up a conversation with the people behind us and plays Uno with them standing up. In the circle is Gabe. I gave him my blog site. I really don't know how it came up. But it did. His real name is like Emeril but not. He reminded me and sis of her favorite cousin. He was funny and entertained us until the show started. Then he molested me through the rest of the show. He used the guise of being squished to constantly touch my back (bare because of the halter), butt and hair. Now if he comes to visit my blog, he may deny such going ons and blame it on the crowd. I hope he fesses up to copping a feel because I know that was what was going on. (Just tell it like it is, I ain't mad at ya!) You know how cautious I am about even flirting with my blog-boys. So having someone grind up on me was a bit weird, but my personal space was VERY invaded at the concert. But Bono was 5'-6' away so it was worth it.

Then the concert is over. I promise to email Gabe the pics from the evening. And I will! Sis and I head out of the venue and this other guy leans over and sticks out his hand. "Hi. I'm so and so. Nice to meet you." So I shake the dude's hand. He is missing his two front teeth but I am nice, so I shake his hand. He says to me, "Do you like dick? I like dick." I turn away from him and don't say a word. I could tell that he was totally blitzed out of his mind on some sort of drug. But my sister starts to YELL at him. Tells him he is a jerk and needs to learn respect and on and on. I am hoping Slim Shady's toothless tweaker cousin doesn't start getting violent or whatever but he just keeps telling his friend very loudy, "I'm a jerk. Who knew? I'm a jerk." At least he got the message apparently. We rode the elevator instead of taking the stairs to avoid said jerk.

I am missing a whole bunch of people. There were others. It was fun. I had a great time and I am wiped out completely. I'll upload a few pics and then night night time for this girl!

This is how close we were!  Posted by Hello


Here's the love of my sister's life Posted by Hello



On the way home. (Traffic was horrible at 1 am. We were bored. We took pics.) Posted by Hello


(I know I'm not supposed to post pics of myself cuz I look better in your head than in real life, but oh well. )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home