That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

You're Unique- Just Like Everyone Else

Branshine wrote about how she doesn't think she is catagorically "beautiful" until someone discovers the beauty within her.

I think there is the canned beauty of the media- the cookie cutter Barbie Doll woman and Ken Doll man.

But I think true beauty is not really what we look like. I think it is only discovered by observation. What is unique about a person is their true beauty.

I would be hard pressed to name the unique thing about me that makes me beautiful. I think that is part of the deal- someone has to discover it in us. Someday someone will discover that Sam likes to lay outside in the rain fully dressed just to let everything wash away. That will be beautiful. Someday a person will see That Girl dancing when she thinks no one is looking and she will become another dimension of beautiful. I am sure Blue will get caught doing a good deed soon and someone will be completely smitten with him. Star already has her beauty of honesty and passionate love of life.

The beauty we have isn't what the scale reads, what product label is on the jar or in our clothes, the shoes we wear or the boob size (or member size for the males) that we have (or don't have). It is about who we naturally are inside, the way we were made.

When we can be who we were made to be, that is when the true beauty shines through.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is a great way of thinking of it. Like I said, I would rather be thought of as clever then beautiful!

7:35 AM

 
Blogger luke said...

heck yah...im trying to learn that lesson right now

8:44 AM

 
Blogger Martini Love said...

Well said!!

12:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home