That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Pre-programmed

Things my parents taught me that I still do to this day:

  • Find something constructive to do when I am bored.
  • Wear my seatbelt. Even if I am just going from one parking spot to another.
  • Go to church & pray.
  • Say please, thank you and excuse me with regularity.
  • Read often.
  • Work hard.
  • I don't let how I feel dictate how I act.
  • I feel guilty when I am sick.
  • Laugh lots.
  • Chew with my mouth closed.
  • Find joy in small things.
  • Enjoy camping.
  • Have an extensive vocabulary.
  • Laugh at myself.
  • Reason out why I think or believe what I do.
  • I do not burp in public.
  • Don't depend on others to make decisions for me or to make me feel happy.
  • Don't allow my circumstances to dictate how I react.

I am sure there are probably 1000 things my parents programmed into me. There are things they didn't train me to do but through some weird genetic quirk, I do anyway. For example, if my mom gets tired, she is totally irrational. ME TOO!!! (The other half of my family acts totally irrational if they get too hungry.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home