That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Mundane Thursday

I have had two mostly relaxing days. It is wonderful. I am bored.

When I was growing up, if I were to utter the phrase, "I'm bored," my parents would make me mop the floor, wash the windows or some other equally mundane chore. I suppose it was their way of conditioning their children not to moap around the house saying, "I'm bored."

There are dishes in the sink awaiting me. I would rather feel like I was playing hookie from school, but everyone I know is a responsible, hard-working adult and can't just go play in the middle of the day.

Dishes, here I come!




Dishes never take as long as it looks like. Five minutes later I was sitting in front of my computer contemplating what to do. I was going to go see the movie, Hitch.

Then I realized that it was my civic duty to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather for all those sad SOBs that couldn't because they are cooped up behind a desk somewhere.

So I went and pulled weeds in my backyard. Then I tried to figure out what I am always thinking needs to be done but I never have time to do it.

I went to WalMart and bought new bark chips for mulch and red lava rock. I freshened up my front yard with five bags of lava rock on the hill where the tree is and five bags of colored mulch where the bushes and flowers are.

Some things parents put in us is forever ingrained. If I'm bored I feel the need to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger luke said...

AMBER! its March Madness today! how on EARTH could you possibly be bored?

12:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

2:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home