That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Friday, March 04, 2005

Cheeseburger in Paradise

I went snorkeling for the first time last year. At first the feeling was kinda freaky for me and I kept worrying that a shark was going to sneak up on me and take a bite so I kept brining my head up to look around for the tale-tale fin.

Once I settled down I really enjoyed myself. I had to concentrate on breathing because it was a little scary at first and I didn't want to start hyperventilating. But then I started to see some of the most colorful, vibrant fish I have ever seen. They beat what I saw on the beaches of Costa Rica. I was so entranced by some of the fish, I tried to move closer to get a better look...and came up with a mouthful of salt water. I almost drowned myself!

I went to Maui with my sister. Jeremy hates traveling and I really wanted to go. We went for nine days and had lots of pina coladas and got about 10 pounds of sand in our bikinis. Something about the moisture and salt water made my hair frizzy as all get out and I had to put coconut oil in it everyday. The air smelled like flowers. My skin loved the humidity.

My favorite day by far was the road to Hana. It is a crazy road that runs along the Eastern coast line and has lots of hairpin turns and one lane bridges. We went along the Southern coast of the island on a rough dirt road that voided our rental car agreement but it was well worth it and we didn't breakdown.

I am ready to go back to Maui and soon! Maybe we could have a blogger convention and I could write it off on my taxes.

4 Comments:

Blogger thtgrl said...

I tried to comment this morning but blogger and I threw blows. Anyway, how nice to go to Maui! Envy. I've been to Barbados, but I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, just to see what all the hype is! You know, Joe surfed in Oahu...

12:56 PM

 
Blogger Amber Lynn said...

It's not hype. Imagine walking down the streets and smelling really pungent, beautiful flowers, seeing a transparent blue ocean sipping a pina colada (or mai tai if that's your thing). That's Maui!

4:46 PM

 
Blogger Amber Lynn said...

I am trying to figure out when a good time would be to go to Maui. I want to wait until my 12 week diet is done so I will be all hot in my polka dot bikini. I want my husband to go so I have to figure out how to get him to go and be happy about it. And, my 12 week diet isn't over until June 1st and I thought Maui would be crowded with families and school children during the summer. I might have to wait until October or something.

Maybe I will take a long weekend in Las Vegas in a month or so. That sounds like fun.

5:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Fishing guides hawaii alphason hi fi furniture home

4:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home