That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Always A Good Feeling

Before I begin, please allow me to point out I have added two new links to my favorite blogs on the side bar to your right.


As I stated in my previous post, I bought an outfit just for today. So I look slammin' and I know it. I met with a client this morning at a coffee house to have him sign some papers. I hung out there for a while after he left surfing this wonderful blog world and checking in on every one's individual soap opera called "life". I think Annalisa, Jake and That Girl are all tied for most involved soap operas today.

Anywho- I was done surfing this blog world and I was walking out of the cafe when I hear my name called. I see this guy come jogging over to me from a side store. It took me a second to adjust to being focused on walking to my car to dealing with this intrusion. It was an ex-boyfriend from like 10 years ago. I moved back to my small town about three years ago and this is the third time I have seen him. I always look better than he does. It is that karma thing That Girl is always talking about. He is the only guy who has ever cheated on me. Why he is still around breathing and among the living I do not know. I guess I didn't care that much.

So his face is all lit up and he is truly happy to see me. I can tell he still has a thing for tall girls. He asks me what I have been doing for a living. He tells me what he has been doing. He tells me he got divorced over a year ago and wants to know if I am still married. Apparently he said being married "looked good on paper but it didn't work out in the details." I think that means that his wife was only 5'7" and not tall enough for his eye. He was always one of those guys who dated women for the hood ornament kinda thing. (There is a word for that, I just don't know what it is.)

YUP!!! Jackass, there is this thing called monogamy. Try it. There is a thing called being faithful. Really, try cherishing someone for who they are. Marry someone for friendship and build on that. Seriously! And quit sizing me up. I am married and even if I weren't you are at the bottom of the list of dating material even in this sad town.

Why did I date him???? I don't remember. He must've ignored me the first time we met.

Coffee with a client- $8
Seeing an ex-boyfriend who was a jerk and looking better than them- Definately at the top of the feel good list.
Having a good marriage and a husband who doesn't "roam"- Totally priceless

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Did your bitch-o-meter go off the scale? And you know me, that isn't even half of the half......Don't pee your pants.

3:09 PM

 
Blogger thtgrl said...

Days like that just feel good don't they? And posts like that just remind you again when you write it! I'm sorry for your experience, but it is nice to know I'm not the only one. And, see, you got a nice hubby as a result!

"Why did I date him???? I don't remember. He must've ignored me the first time we met." (hahaha, Lunatic get royalties on that?:))

6:20 PM

 
Blogger Amber Lynn said...

TG- Lunatic reminded me of that I used to fall for that one hook, line and sinker. Playing hard to get isn't a girls only game.

7:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
»

3:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home