That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Why Not

I was out reading blogs and "Home, but far from it" had something fun!

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

This is VERY cliche, but the book just to my left (That's right, right next to the martini glass. Am I an oxymoron?) is the Bible.

So here they are.

Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded, "We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey. Moses then took the blood, sprinkled it on the people and said, "This is the blood covenant that the Lord has made with you in accordance with all these words."

I very seriously doubt I would appreciate someone sprinkling blood on me. Not cool!

Anyway, comment if you are going to do this exercise. What fun!

5 Comments:

Blogger thtgrl said...

Isn't it funny how this exercise is a reflection of our lives? The book closest to me doesn't have 123 pages because it's The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss (kid). So I went and grabbed the first book of mine on the shelf, Chicken Soup for The Woman's Soul. Never even read it, it was a gift, but how freakin ironic is this?:

"He had grown distant during my pregnancy, but I had related it to his fear and concern over becoming a parent. As I probed him for explanations, he told me he'd had an affair five years earlier and hadn't felt the same about me since. Thinking only of my baby, and wanting so desperately to save my marriage, I told him I could forgive him for anything and that I wanted to work things out."

WEIRD. Maybe I should read it. I'm afraid to do this exercise again. Too ironic!

6:31 PM

 
Blogger Amber Lynn said...

That is VERY ironic. Wow.

6:43 PM

 
Blogger thtgrl said...

Only difference is that I kicked him out instead of working it out. Now, I'm curious to hear what other people's say!

8:02 PM

 
Blogger JPM said...

I am reading "the know it all" by a.j. jacobs

"At this point his girlfriend makes--in my mind--the heroic suggestion that he stop treating everyone like peons.
"You don't even know what 'peon' means," says the guy.
"It's a servant or lowly person," says his girlfriend

8:55 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

"If I hurt you feelings we ought to discuss it. I don't like this kiss and forget." (anthony)

"But I don't want to argue." (am including the next sentence so it makes sense) "I think it is wonderful we can kiss and forget, and when we cant it'll be time to argue." (Gloria)

The Beautiful and Damned, my lunch book, therefore the only one I have at work!

6:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home