That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Friday, February 18, 2005

The Mundane Details of Friday Night in a Small Town

I think toNIGHT made up for toDAY. Poopy toes and I went to the local Mexican restaurant. Yum! Tacos, beans and rice, a pitcher of strawberry pina coladas and sopapillas.

The check came and I pulled out my wallet to pay. My sister said she would pay her half with her debit card. Then she remembered she didn't have her debit card, only her checks and this restaurant doesn't take checks. So big sis footed the bill with a promise of $18 to come.

We went to the play. She didn't want to go. I wasn't about to let her make me pay for dinner and then let her run. So she went. And laughed through the whole thing. It was a funny play. I went because one of my friends was in it. She is a good actress. Fun stuff! Admission was $8. Poopy toes had that much in cash.

She talked about her pseudo-boyfriend a lot. I talked about my senile Old Boss Man a lot. I am nervous about telling him I am leaving. I really like him and I know it is gonna hurt his feelings. The evening took the edge off a little, but I can feel the butterflies stirring again and I am not telling him until Monday!

So after the play, I take Poopy Toes back to her truck and her friend's car is parked next to her so she insists that we go inside to say hi. Her friend was there with her husband, brother, some other guy (looked like Slim Shady in a cowboy hat) and an aloof girl. The friend's brother is rude and mean. I was mean back. They had all been drinking and asked us to go hang out with them. Poopy toes and I were going to WalMart. (I have no idea why we go to WalMart so often, or why it ends up in stories. In a town of 12,000 people, the only thing open past 9 is WalMart and I needed supplies in the form of a Harry Potter movie. I much prefer Target.) Poopy toes decided that after WalMart she would go hang out with them.

So I am at home, typing a post for my blog and happy I am not at a strange house with mean men. I am bored though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

6:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home