That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Thursday, February 17, 2005

What to Do?

Old Boss Man (very literally, 83 years old) is losing his marbles. In fact, I am pretty sure there are two left and they are playing tag.

In AZ, no contract is legal and binding until it is in writing and signed by all parties. Bob had a verbal agreement with Sam to buy Sam's house. Bob was sent the paperwork to sign but didn't get it back until yesterday. I met with Sam this afternoon. In between Bob's offer coming in and my meeting with Sam, another offer came in. I presented both offers to Sam. Sam chose the second offer (not Bob's).

My boss said I should have withheld the second offer in order to force Sam to accept Bob's offer. It is my legal obligation to present all offers to clients.

Seriously, my boss is losing his marbles. If I were to follow his advice, I would get sued, lose my license and probably a substantial amount of money. I gotta figure out what I am going to do. I cannot work as a professional who hopes to keep her assets under a person who is literally losing pieces of his mind and judgment on a daily basis.

I don't really know what to do. The grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence. I get along with Old Boss Man very well usually. When there is a problem, even if I am following the law to a T (which is always unless I am ignorant of it which isn't often), somehow he always manages to blame me. He wants me to break laws to make people happy. But Old Boss Man is a very nice person. He fronts me large amounts of money until my deals close if I need it. He is a man with a soft heart, just not much mind left.

Seriously, what's a girl to do?

2 Comments:

Blogger jake said...

you gotta go with the law. it's sad but true. i have all sorts of deals that i could come out WAY ahead on if i ignored laws, but i hear that prison sucks.

5:58 PM

 
Blogger thtgrl said...

He's right. You have to obey the law, but I know a lot of realtors that don't work for anyone if you can afford it. Otherwise, isn't your commission the same (or close, or possibly even better) if you go to another company? Realtors can go anywhere can't they? He's so old, he'll probably forget the whole thing by tomorrow anyway.

6:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home