That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Friday, February 18, 2005

End of the Road

I have decided that I am going to change companies. My broker is crazy (literally senile) and he is telling everyone in the office a version of the real story that didn't happen but makes me look really bad if it did and is passing it off as fact. I stood there yesterday as he called an agent from another office to tell her what he understood as happening and it makes me look like an ass. I have to keep correcting him as to the sequence of events. I sent him an email so it it would be in writing. He still gets it wrong.

So I am quitting next week. Last month, his star agent (my guru) in Sedona left. I guess the star agent in the other town is leaving to open her own office and is taking half of that office with her. I am leaving. His office manager will probably be quitting next week, too. His office is going to fall down around his ears next week.

I can handle his senility but now that it is affecting me legally, I know I have to go. I am in this career for the long haul and I am not going to have him mess it up. My wise real estate guru said I need to call the disgruntled client and tell him I am leaving the company over the situation and try to smooth the waters. I had them pretty much smoothed with the guy yesterday evening, but my broker has talked to him twice since and he is talking about suing now.

I know the guy doesn't have a legal leg to stand on but it still sucks if it happens. I hope it all blows over but I am still gone.

3 Comments:

Blogger jake said...

that's a big decision. i hope it all works out for you. senile people can be quite a challenge. i'll tell stories about that later.

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Jake- I actually have used his senility to my advantage up until now. When I wanted something, I would just walk into his office and tell him that we had already had a conversation about something (we really hadn't) and he would agree to whatever I was saying because he thought he already had agreed. I guess the gig is up.

12:46 PM

 
Blogger thtgrl said...

Good for you Amber! Change is tough, but you are ready! I wish you the best of luck!

7:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home