That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Just Listed!

The temp high today was only 57 degrees. *sigh* I think it's time to head to Maui.

I decided that I talk about my pet peeves often. I was wondering if someone is allowed to have more than one, and figured that I have two dogs and, as previously noted, my older brother has probably 20 pets. So I can have more than one pet peeve.


Amber's List of Pet Peeves


1. Self-righteous or hypocritical people. I think all people are hypocritical to some degree, but to be blatant about it just irks me. (Take the plank out your own eye.)
2. Being hit on or oogled by some creepy man. You are a creepy man if you do either to me.
3. Indecisive People.
4. Co-dependent People.
5. People asking for or taking the first or last of anything of mine, or using something new of mine that I haven't used yet. This extends to reading a card or letter to me if I haven't gotten to read it yet. This excludes someone reading comments on my post before I do.

But not all is negative. There are things I really like!


Amber's List of the Antithesis of Pet Peeves


1. Honest and Genuine People - That's why I like Jake, Pete and crew so much. (Click over and read at your own risk!)
2. A Sense of Humor
3. Great Music
4. Common Courteousy (please, thank you, excuse me, not cutting me off in traffic, etc)
5. Napoleon Dynamite (#5 is a rotational basis antithesis. It will change depending on what settles me down after encountering one of the dreaded pet peeves. Right now, every time I picture Napoleon slap his brother and run to answer the door, I smile.)

Don't ask me why I want a top five list and not a top ten or top three list. Couldn't tell ya.

So to illustrate my happiness, here's a story:

Yesterday I went walking at a brisk pace. (I actually ran down the large hills due to gravity but I won't exaggerate and say I went jogging.) Before I left, I told my husband the route I was going to take in case someone stole me he would have a trail to start with. I worry about getting stolen sometimes. I worry about my girlfriends and female family members getting stolen. I watch Without A Trace on Thursday nights. Oh, back to my trail of thought.... I went on my fast walk listening to rap on my iPod (The only time I listen to rap is when I work out so that the beat keeps me moving faster than I would without it.) and came back in 20 minutes. My husband was surprised I was back so quickly. I asked, "Why? How long have I been gone.?" He told me 20 minutes. I remarked that I was disappointed because as everyone knows 30 minutes is really the minimum effective cardio workout. I then said, "I could go around the block a few times and be gone for another 10 minutes but I am just not feeling....ambitious."

My sweet, dear husband said, "You don't have to be ambitious. You are Amber-liciuos!" Now how endearing is that?

Aaaawwww. Somewhere a fluffy bunny was just born.

P.S. You should know I am not all that. My husband just loves me.
P.P.S. I am thinking about trying out for American Idol next season. I want to be heinously awful but convince everyone I think I am great. I think there is a lot of human truth in the self-delusion we see on that show.
P.P.P.S. Here is a story to show why you should never leave home without your beer. (I personally don't like the taste of beer, but for those who do, this is another reason to add to the list. It reads like a Homer Simpson scenario.)

4 Comments:

Blogger luke said...

your way of discussing pet peeves was really nice. some people just go off in their blogs like everyone else wants to hear them vent angrily about some little nuance that annoys them. and that is MY pet peeve.

8:45 AM

 
Blogger jake said...

a fluffy bunny was born? that's nice. I think you should definitely try out for American Idol. You sound like you would make a good performance. Did you see that guy last night that sang that song form The Darkness? It was pretty obvious that he just wanted to be on TV. You would have to pretend to take yourself pretty seriously for the trick to work.

1:35 PM

 
Blogger Amber Lynn said...

My fave guy that was horrible was the guy whose family told him he sounded like Brian McKnight. He did not. It was pathetic. And I think that was my fave because his whole freakin' family lied to him! Seriously!!

1:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! depression effexor Sucess on clomid Tendonitis wrist pilates tile design kitchen Residential outdoor kitchens Cartier classic wooden tamples eyeglasses 548 gold Account free merchant Order mail buspirone buspirone ataxia erytematoteangiektatisk rosacea Accutane testimonies Commercial kitchen door hingesdoor hinges Saab 1990 9000 Acne kit Online homeowners insurance quote maytag commercial dryers mdg16cs Kia sephia rims Art noveau dining furniture Schools in oral surgery Oxycontin 80s

3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home