That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Check's in the Mail?

I am self-employed. I basically work when I want and how I want within reason. Today the office manger is reconciling the year's balance so she can begin working on the taxes for the company. (It is a smallish company. We bring in about $5 million a year.) So I was called over and asked if a check the company had given me for about $2000 had bounced.

I am horrible with keeping records. I am making a very concentrated effort to do better with my work expenses because I am up to my eyeballs in business debt right now. I do have my bank records, so when I go home I will find out if my company owes me $2000. For all I know, I lost the check and didn't notice. I get large sums of money in at once. I know this sounds lame and pathetic, but when the bank account goes from months of a negative balance to $12,000 then the next week $21,000 (and end the year back in the negative) you might not notice $2000. Well, at least I won't. Especially since at that time I was also trying to balance about seven escrows and headed off to Maui for a week.

Man! What a rough life! I'll let you know if I really missed the fact that $2000 never made it into my account.

P.S. This story is true. They all are. I really am just this lame.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

8:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... 2+acuvue+color+single Regles golf hair loss in sports individual dental insurance utah Mpxio cpu overhead Volvo s40 19t Middle class of th 1800's winnersrun slot machines accounting for prepaid gift cards

11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home