That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Life's Little Dramas

I have decided that the lack of fodder for my blog must mean that life is pretty boring. I mean, yesterday was such a busy day that I didn't wash the dinner dishes until lunchtime today. I suppose for some people that is living on the edge, but for me that is more than normal; commonplace even.

This blog isn't designed to be about my sister, her crush or my husband but yesterday was more of everything all mixed in with work, driving, meetings and going to church last night.

My sister and I have the exact same voice on the phone. The only reason why people can tell us apart is how we phrase things. Yesterday, my sister and I were at the office (we work for the same company) by ourselves for the afternoon. We get so obnoxious when we are together for more than half an hour even our own parents get quite annoyed with us. I had the brilliant idea to give Joe (my sister's crush) the voice test, see if he could tell it wasn't her. He failed. I left a message on his cell phone saying, "Hey Joe. I'm not coming over after work to workout with you. Some guy just came in the office and asked me on a date so I am going to go do that instead, okay? See you tomorrow."

He called the office about an hour and a half later (all these ninety minutes my sister and I got more and more wound up) frantic that my sister who he insists he is just friends with, is going on a date. We started to crack up. My sister said that we were just testing him. He asked for what, and her reply was, "syphilis". We both died in a gale of laughter. (I know this isn't funny, that's the point. We just feed off of each other.) I couldn't hear him on the other end of the phone but I could tell from my sisters expressions that he was very pissed off. I said VERY loudly, "Don't tell me he is all butt-hurt."

He hung up.

We tried to call back and apologize for getting out of hand. He would answer and hang up. My sister got very nervous. "He is sooooo mad, Amber." She kept telling me.

I told her to take a 1" screw, knock on his door and tell him, "I know we can't have make-up sex but here is the longest screw I could find." No one on earth could be mad after that. They could pretend, but they wouldn't be.

She decided to kiss his butt and buy him pizza and rent a movie instead. At the end of the day she showed up at his apartment with food and movie in hand and he was all impressed that she cared about how he felt.

And they all lived happily ever after. THE END

1 Comments:

Blogger jake said...

joe should laugh more. i like the screw idea, it's hilarious! i'm sure i'll use it sometime. siblings are the best invention ever

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home