That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Day One

Jake wants to know what it is like to just breathe and exist as a person who is a Christian. I had never thought that people would really want to know. But, hey! Who am I to deny my public? JUST KIDDING.

Let me tell you one of the biggest problems I have with being a person who is a Christian. Other Christians. I am so embarassed when people say that God is punishing America and that is why the twin towers were blown up. I don't like it when one assumes to know that God hates one sin more than another and begins to see homosexuality in Teletubbies, or more recently, Sponge Bob Square Pants.

One thing I have learned is that regardless of what our faults are, whether sexually, emotionally, financially, physically, or being self-righteous; we are on the same playing field with God. We all need him.

So that is the biggest gripe I have of being identified as a Christian. People are naturally skeptical. And I don't blame them.

I guess as things unfold as I explain my life day by day or perhaps every other day by every other day, the readers will be able to best determine if there is any difference in my life and theirs, and if they think it has anything to do with God.

1 Comments:

Blogger jake said...

sweet fancy moses! this is cool. I'll definitely be reading this blog regularly.

5:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home