That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Sandwiches

I used to work at Subway when I was in high school. One day this dusty lookin' fella came in and ordered his lunch. It was in the middle of the afternoon and pretty slow so I was talking to him as I was making his sandwich. (I was a sandwich artist, by God!) It turns out he was in Sedona to mine some gold. Sedona has never had a gold rush but it is the frontier for every new age hippie that is serious about crystals and vortexes. We weren't a town in the West that was inhabited because of nearby gold, but because of some hippie calling.

Anyway, back to my gold-digging customer. I figured maybe he was panning for gold flecks in the river for fun. Almost every river in the US has gold flecks. I actually went and panned for gold and got about a millionth of an ounce worth. I have plans for retirement thanks to that gold. But, this man wasn't panning for gold. Turns out he was privy to some very interesting information. Apparently, aliens had buried gold in Sedona at one time as a power grid. I never did find out what the power grid was for exactly, but it gave energy for something that apparently the aliens needed. But this guy was digging the gold up because the aliens were unhappy about something and were going to come back to get it so he wanted to get to it first. Ever get the pasty smile coupled with the grin? I think it's called the "nod and smile". I definitely had that going on. I tried to hurry this guy out the door but apparently once he starts talking he had a disease where he couldn't stop for at least half an hour. The dude finally got out the door. I do not recall what kind of sandwich he ordered. Speaking of sandwiches......

Here's something to think about: A sandwich is know by what's inside of it, not what's holding it together. I don't think I have ever heard someone say, "My favorite kind of sandwich is wheat." The bread is important, sure, but it isn't what makes the sandwich a sandwich.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

3:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home