That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Why Do You Blog?

When I first started blogging, it didn't occur to me that people would actually read what I wrote. The sole purpose in blogging was to get rid of some of my thoughts so my mind wouldn't race around and grow fat on the same thoughts anymore. I could fully follow my line of thinking through writing and I didn't have to obsess about why I like country music or why people can't drive or why WalMart sucks so much.

Then people started reading and commenting. I started writing more things for the audience. You peeps! I would throw in fun quizzes I stole from other bloggers. Stories about my life became written in a universal fashion so most people could relate. At one point, I realized I was censoring myself from posting pictures because it was "taboo". I remembered this is my blog and I can do whatever I want to do. So I started posting pics. And others sent me their pics. I feel happy in my blogland. It's a comfortable place to be.

I have fun in blogland. I even met Jyny and Martinilove. That was a blast! I really enjoy my time here, even though it has gotten to be less time lately due to the crack in the water or air supply. So thanks for reading my daily crap and commenting.

So why did you start to blog? Has your original reason changed at all?