That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My Geographic Handicap

I was contemplating why people like to hate Americans. I am glad I am an American. I would probably be quite content as a Canadian, Mexican, Spainard or Austrailian. So why hate me because of my geographic location?

I guess many people think that Americans are obnoxious. I am obnoxious even to Americans, so strike one for me. I wonder if it is because so many Americans have a strong streak of sarcasm. Is this an American thing to say one thing when you mean completely the opposite and everyone one knows that you do except for the foreigner in the room?

Are they mad because I have a laptop computer, I work about 15 hours a week, I own a house on a nice size piece of land and can go clothes shopping? Are they upset with Americans because we have Apple Jacks cereal and they don't? Or is it that we get to see all the movies and hear all the CDs first?

Or is it because after WWII our country decided it couldn't ever let situations get that far out of control ever again so now we play the world's baby sitters and go break up fights everytime one starts up? I don't even like that. Those our my friends, brothers, sisters, cousins and loved ones. That is the blood of America. That is the heart of America.

Are they upset because people can't drink until they are 21 and drugs and prostitution are illegal? Is it the fact that we rank so low in education? What? What is so wrong with us? I don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home