That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Countdown to Vegas- In the Meantime, More Interviews

T Minus 24 Hours Until Las Vegas!


Which is pretty stinkin' cool and I couldn't have planned the timing any better even though I will be missing a day of planned activities to "meet the board and other concerned citizens". My husband will be left alone to deal with everyone and make observations because his crazy wife (and sister-in-law) will be off to Las Vegas.

Last night we went to a BBQ. We didn't leave until 11:45. We met countless parents with questions. I actually had a nice, relaxing time. (One guy kind of intimidated me because I felt like a subject of the Spanish Inquisition, but other than that, things went well.) J ate strawberrys so his stomach wouldn't spazz out on him. (He is ultra skinny for a reason.) I had a salad and a cheeseburger. Not on my diet, I know. At least it was homemade and not a hamburger that was cooked in lard. I resisted the chips.

I ate a chip. Well, I had five probably. But that was all. I swear.

Everyone is a kalidescope of people in my mind now. They are all impressions and snapshots here and there that form the whole picture. The girls we are going to be working with are none too friendly and warm. They guys are guys. They wanted to just play basketball. The parents are concerned that someone will come in and leave in another year or two as usual. They are tired of having their kids jerked around. I don't blame them.

So that is the last boring post for you peeps. Tomorrow night or Monday will be Las Vegas.

I'm out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home