That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Sweet & Light

Like both sides of the coin, both stories need to be told. Both are equally true. This post and the last post co-exist with each other in one person.

Not in a weird, Dr. Jekell Mr. Hyde sort of way. I am not sure if I can explain this without making myself seem a bit off. I’m not. Really. I am more balanced than the average cat.

Re-reading my last post, a person could get the impression that I am all sweet and light. That would account for 75% of my personality. The other 25% takes care of business. I stand up for what I think is right. I have a backbone. I match people’s intensity when it comes to confrontation.

And if you mess with my family, I am likely to come looking for you, fists ready.

I have been in more than one fight in my life. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, apparently. There was a time in my life when I would go out looking for fights. That was the same period in my life that if I got angry, I had to physically destroy something, whether it was curtains, drywall, or a person.

I dealt with that. That beast has been put to sleep.

I am still not afraid of much. I try not to be a dingbat. I can’t help it sometimes. I had my sister rolling last night. We were driving and hearing this “thunk…thunk…thunk” near the back wheel. I told her we needed to pull over to see what it was. But it was dark and pulling over in the dark seemed stupid. So she pointed to a spot that had a light where we could pull over. She wanted to know what I thought it was. I speculated I could have run over a would-be car jacker without realizing it, or maybe someone’s pet?

So I am pulled over, under the light, ready to pounce on some evil, lurking man or call J and tell him to come fix my car. I open the driver’s door, look back and---the belt on my jacket had been hanging down, stuck outside the door, flapping on the car.

And apparently the way I turned so quickly, grasping my belt, saying to my sister, “It’s my belt!!!” was just too much for her to handle. She busted up laughing. We laughed for quite a while.

Once I was able to begin driving again, I commented that I really do need to go back to blonde hair. She agreed.

Earlier that day my sister and I had gotten into a fight. I got pissed off about something really lame. But in the middle of my rant about this really lame thing, she said, “Shut up. You’re being stupid.”

So I proceeded to walk over to her desk (she was at work), lower my voice, and start to sputter. I got louder. I told her that I couldn’t believe that she just said that. I started walking to the front door so I had to talk even louder (so the whole two other people in the office are now staring) and telling her that I was pissed off and leaving.

I made a big scene. My sister isn’t used to anybody else sticking up to her when she postures. She is intense. I always out-posture her. Half an hour later I was eating lunch with my dad, chuckling that I had made her pay for the free Starbucks coffee she took. (Yes, that was what the dumb fight was over.)

I called her to tell her that I figured out her coffee wasn’t free, and the price was my wrath. She said it was too high of a price to pay, more than she wanted to. She said she would have preferred just paying for the coffee at the store. We laughed. The world continued to revolve.

So I guess what I am saying is that I can be a complete goof. I do smile all the time. (Except when posturing.) I do have a lot of fun. I do listen to people’s opinions. But if battle lines are drawn, I will take out my weapons if necessary.

The panda says Hiiiyaaa!!

(Going hiking today! Yea!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home