That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Moving & Taxes

Yesterday's story might have been a wee bit dramatized for reading pleasure.

I am a bit nervous about moving. I do hate moving. I am tramatized from moving to much as a kid. I do have issues. But I am not all that nervous just yet for several reasons. First of all, I would be surprised if Jeremy and I qualified for this job we are going to go talk about. Secondly, if I do move, it really is less than an hour away. I can keep my doctor, my accountant and my friends. I won't see them as often, but I'm just going over the mountain to the next town. And of course, I can still go to Sedona and have margaritas with Martinilove. Lastly, if it does happen, the job is much bigger than our experience so it would totally be providential. (My way of saying a God-thing without being religious.)

I have been stressing out about taxes since January. I don't have much money to pay them. Last year I owed about $3,000. It actually might have been closer to $4,000. Whatever. I spent all those hours last week putting the numbers together with Math and becoming snarky.

My accountant called today. It's like getting a call from the dentist. I figured out I have an escrow closing today or tomorrow, so I can pay before the 15th at least. It just wouldn't leave me with much in the bank.

But, she said that I don't owe taxes. I am self-employed. Jeremy isn't. And the stinkin' government owes us!!! Woohooo! I am going to have fun in Vegas! And when I am at the U2 concert on the 15th I don't have to have fleeting thoughts of the IRS raping me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home