That's why it's called a shortcut. If it were easy, it would just be "the way".

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Wanna Get Away?

In this part of the country, we have a commercial where someone does something really assinine and the tag line is "Wanna Get Away?" due to a high level of embarassment and shame.

I should be a star in one of those commercials RIGHT NOW.

You will not believe what I just did. It was a classic "I'm a super dumbass" moment.

I talked to the head of the youth group. Remember the teen I told you about earlier this week? Well, he got shipped back to his mom's. I have been emailing him a lot. The head of the youth organization met briefly with this teen's dad today. The dad was upset because he feels like we are believing the wrong things. He thinks we are saying that his dad is wrong, horrible and not a good father. (We are totally for both parents and teens. We constantly tell the teens no matter how bad they think their parents are that they still have to honor and respect them unless they are being abused or something.) So his dad wanted to meet with head of the youth group and the head of the church because he feels he's been done wrong.

So the leader of the youth group asked me to send him the emails I had been sending to the teen just in case the father had read them and saw something in there that made him upset. Sure, no problem. I have nothing to hide!

So I emailed the 10 letters that went back and forth between me and the teen that talked about his situation in detail.

After I got done, I realized I sent them to a distribution list, not the individual person.